Sunday, March 6, 2011

Field Experience, Day Three

I am starting to feel comfortable in the classroom, with the cooperating teacher, and with the students.  We continued work on vocabulary, review, and reading of our chapter book.  I walk around, helping students with their sentence structure, questions, and keeping them on task.  Towards the end of the day, if there is time, the cooperating teacher usually plays "Choke the Spider" with the students using their vocabulary words.  Choke the Spider is what I used to play as Hangman, but it is used with a spider instead of a man.  Today I did this with the students.  I really enjoyed the interaction and the opportunity to lead the class in an activity.  I called on all 14 of the students and was glad when I was able to call on all of them by name.  This coming week is Spring Break for Talahi, as well as St. Cloud State, so I am looking forward to going back on the 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment